Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Frozen Raspberry Lemonade

You guys.

I just got a blender from my mom. She says it sits in her kitchen and hardly ever gets used, so as soon as she said I could take it off of her hands, I started dreaming of possibilities. I found a blogger who makes cocktail popsicles... but that's for another time. As for today, while grocery shopping for dinner I picked up some lemonade concentrate and frozen berries. And so was born my pre-dinner treat - frozen raspberry lemonade.


 All you need:
1 can lemonade concentrate
1/2 - 1 can water
2 cups frozen raspberries
a few ice cubes

Stick everything in, blend- and pour. It was deliciously sweet, yet perfectly tart. It's super textury (is that a word?) since the lemonade has some pulp and the berries obviously have seeds. But I liked that. I handed one to the husband, whose first sentence after his first sip was: "Favorite."
























I've never owned a blender before in my life, so I'm pretty excited at how much possibility lies before me. If anyone is interested, I have a mighty peaceful patio to sit on and it just might be the right spot for sharing. Also, I feel like I could be spending a lot of my money on fruit, juice and yogurt this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment